Friday, September 12, 2008

Blaine 37, Bryn 34, Keana 7!

Blaine trying to be excited that he is getting so old. Everyone at school guessed that he was 41 or older. That kind of made him sad. I told him he has always said that gray hair is a sign of maturity. Therefor people are going to guess he is a little older because he acts so mature. NOT!

MY NEW TREADMILL.

I hit 34. I need something. I am tired of trying to tuck my roll into my pants, excuse me did I say roll, I meant rolls!!!

Well I decided to do a Happy Birthday background because we are celebrating birthdays around here right and left. I turned 34 on August 30th, Kody's daughter Keana turned 7 on September 3rd, and Blaine turned 37 on September 4th. I am only including pictures of us at this time althouugh my mom's was on September 11th. I won't say how old she is but we had to postpone the party a little bit.

I just wanted to say a couple of things I am proud of at age 34:

1. GIVING BIRTH TO 6 KIDS. This has been many great laughs, tears, stresses, and love. I really do have great kids. They are all hard workers, do well in school, and usually are willing to help where it is needed, especially if it is someone else who needs the help.


1. THIS REALLY SHOULD BE #1 - BEING MARRIED FOR 15-1/2 YEARS. I wouldn't have it any other way. Blaine has always been the one I pictured growing old with.


2. LIVING IN PRINEVILLE WAS A GREAT "GOWING UP" EXPERIENCE. Not only was I away from home but I had many opportunities to serve and experience. I was a middle school basketball coach, had a daycare, had a lawn care business with my husband, and served as young women's president before I was 25. This all said "GROW UP."

3. MAKING IT THROUGH LOSING KENNIDY. It was also the 14th year anniversary since Kennidy died on Blaine's birthday. I am not really counting but I am too young to have a child that old. I guess that is what you get when you start young. Anyway, I am proud of this because it has made me strong, not only mentally but spiritually. I know that I can do anything with my Heavenly Father's help and I know that I can be with her again someday.


4. MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION. I finally am able to do a job from home that is not babysitting. I make okay money and for the most part it works around me. I am greatful that I am able to help Blaine out until he is finished with his administration certification or a little longer.


Well that is it for now. Like I said, I only listed a few. I truly am greatful for many things in my 34 years. I am sure that I have missed some. My goals for the next few years are this....

1. KEEP MY SANITY.

2. FAMILY PRAYERS AND FAMILY SCRIPTURES EVERY MORNING, so far so good.

3. GO ON A TRIP WITH MY HUSBAND FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME (Not just overnight). I am greatful for the overnights though mom.



Wow once I get going I do not stop. Heee Heee. I better stop because there are more birthdays to come this month although I have lots more goals.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Bryn, You are so cute! Happy birthday to you....and the rest of your family! Just wanted to say hi and that we love you. I really am so impressed with you and your family and I'm glad I'm now part of that family.

Becky W. said...

You may be 34, but you are still one of "my 4 baby girls". I am sooo proud of who you are and what you can pack into every 24 hour day!!!! You made my hope come true-that my children would grow up to be better than I could ever hope to be. Love you so much!

Cassie said...

Yea I loved this post!! Such a great idea!!! You have accomplished so much in your life and you will always be such a great example to me!! Thanks for being a great sister, mom, wife, daughter etc! I love ya!

libbie said...

Happy birthday to all! I have always thought you were one awesome gal, even way back in the day. And guess what? I was right about that! Cause you are AMAZING! Truly AMAZING! Just call D-man at his studio. Its 943-8982.

Kirsten Brockner said...

Hi! happy b-day also! You have such a cute family. I can't believe you are only 34 because I am almost 32 and you always seemed so much older than me.:) (probably because your kids are older!) Anyhow, anyone who has 5 kids is an AMAZING super mom in my eyes!!!and still has time to blog...

The Royce's said...

Bryn, Happy 34th!! I know how it feels! I just want to tell you I think the world of you! You have always had such a sweet & loving heart! Even when we where just 10yrs. old! :0) (wow that was 24 yrs. ago?!?) Thanks for your friendship & love! And mostly thanks for your example of what a good Mom & Wife are! Love you! Kim

kylie said...

bryn,
this is really sweet. you are seriously so amazing. you are like a super mom. that sounds silly but i'm serious. you amaze me, what an example you are too all of us.
love you,
kylie

The Yancey Family said...

Happy Late Birthday! You and your family are amazing! How fun to have all your birthdays so close together. I love that you are able to see how strong you are at this point in your life. I can't imagine what you must have gone through when you lost your baby, but what a blessing to know that your whole family can be together again someday, you are so strong!

Emily Kern said...

I am oh so late, but happy birthday! I am amazed at how as we get older, we can look back and see the trails we go through as learning experiences and and opportunities for growth. You are amazing, I have always been a big fan of yours!