Monday, December 1, 2008

THANKSGIVING UP AT ROBIE CREEK

Well, for the first time in 16 years we spent a holiday with Blaine's mom Sherrilyn. We spent the Wednesday night in her bedroom with all the kids, I think there were 7 of them. It was fun to be with family. We played games, Texas Holdem, spades, Tripoley, etc. Blaine's mom makes killer rolls. I think the best that I have ever tasted. It is her mother's recipe. They do not really measure so you can't ask her for the recipe. Sterling and Brittin read books and climbed grandma's mountian until Brittin was having trouble breathing and did not have her inhaler. Hunter played the PS2 and Kyle's guitar. Amree and Bodie played with grandma's bucket of toys, did not sleep until everyone else did, even if it was 1:00 a.m. and just had fun. Blaine and I kicked everyone's hiney in the first night of Texas Holdem and won the big pot. Dinner was excellent. Thanks Sherrilyn for the hospitality. You will have to come to our house next time.

NO PICTURES BECAUSE MY BATTERY RAN OUT ON MY CAMERA.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

sounds like you guys had a great time! I bet it was fun to get out of town! Were those rolls better than mom's butterhorns?? I bet not, those are my FAVORITE! Love you all lots!

Bryn and Blaine said...

You would have to taste them. They definitely were close. Moms are good rolls but these just tasted like yummy, homemade bread without the yeasty taste. They were good Cass. Maybe you will get to try them someday.

Spencer said...

that sounds like fun! i want to eat some of those rolls now...sounds delicious. poor little brittin with her asthma! chase gets wheezy too. we just celebrated his birthday dec. 1st, it was fun and we got a huge chocolate covered cake (chinese style of course!)

Spencer said...

oh and p.s. that was kylie on spencer's account

Molly said...

How much was in the pot? That's fun! I'm glad you had a good time and that there was good driving weather.