I was tagged a while ago, like in September, but as always life has been crazy. I do not know how much I like this tag thing but I know that I like/love my husband enough to take a few minutes to share about him.
1) What is his name? Blaine Louis Braithwaite born September 4, 1971 at 9 pounds 10 ounces. I am greatful that none of my children weighed that much.
2) Who eats more? Probably me becasue Blaine is always skipping meals but when he does eat he eats 3 meals in one. He stays skinny becasue he has a high metabolism. I wish I had one.
3)Who said I love you first? Well this is a sad story. Blaine picked me up from High School for lunch one day. When he dropped me off I was walking across the street back to school and he said the magic words "I love you" so he thought. Me having experience in the boyfriend area unfortunately and tired of the meaningless I love yous turned around and said, "Don't ever say that to me again unless you mean it." LUCKILY HE STAYED AROUND AND DID SAY IT AGAIN. I knew when he did say it again that he did mean it. =)
4)Who is taller? Blaine at 6'2. Bryn 5'3.
5)Who is smarter? Blaine has a Masters degree plus is almost done with his administration certification, so as far as education goes Blaine is right up there, although I am the one who registered him for all of his classes and paid for his tuition.=) I like to use my life experiences to make me smart although I was told one time the more kids you have the fewer brain cells you have and sometimes I feel like that.
6)Who is more sensitive? Depends on what it is all about. Toss up.
7) Who does the laundry? I am the laundry Queen. I have almost mastered the art of not leaving a pile laying somewhere to fold. There is a lot of laundry. Blaine would always do it if I asked him to though, especially folding towels or jeans.

8) Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Looking at the bed it would be me. Lying in the bed it would be him so I guess you could say we both sleep on the right side of the bed for us.
9) Who pays the bills? Me, Blaine has never done this although I wish he would. I hate the job with a passion. He has too much on his plate earning the money I pay the bills with though so it is my responsibility.
10) Who cooks more? I cook more things becasue I am home but Blaine is by far the better cook. I am better at cookies and breads but he can pick up anything add a few ingredients and make it taste good. I think we all prefer it more when he cooks. If I am in the kitchen cooking he tries to help by taking over but a lot of the time we work together to make meals. This is my favorite as we both know our jobs, I set the table and he cooks.
11) Who is more stubborn? Blaine is way more stubborn although he would say that I was. That one could get me into trouble. I feel like I used to be but then I had children.
12) Who admits that they are wrong first? Neither, we are both always right. Just kidding. I think that we are good about listening and knowing that we are wrong when we are. It is always hard to admit.
13) Who has more siblings? That depends. I have more natural siblings and Blaine has had many kinds of siblings throughout the years. These are his main ones.
GLYNNA, THERESA, ANGIE(ANGELA), MALIK, BLAINE14) Who wears the pants in the relationship? Depends on what you are talking about. I think that he feels strongly about things that I do not feel strongly about, therefore he would be wearing the pants and vice versa. I do have to say that I feel strongly about more things than he does though.=) He is constantly telling me I am a RED.
15) What do you like to do together? Being with our kids. We like to go to the Hermiston Aquatic Center, boating, four wheeling, sledding etc. We love playing games together and with friends. We like to entertain people. We used to like to go bowling but have not done that in awhile. We go to the movies a lot. We do not have to talk but can just sit by each other and hold hands. Veg time. We both like pillow time at night I would say, either reading books, talking or other actvities.=)
16) Who eats more sweets? In the beginning it was me but I have tainted my husband. I do not know how he stays so skinny. He has drawers full of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, suckers, powdered doughnuts, a 100 ounce pop a day thanks to his mom and Maverick, snickers, etc.
17) Guilty Pleasures? Sports. Since we do not have TV at home I suspect that some of those late nights at the school are watching the Mariners play. They always seem to coincide. =) ANIMALS. I am not as crazy about them as he is, or the rest of the family.
18) How did you meet? We met at a Stake Dance. Blaine was there with the big sister of one of my friends, a girl that was his own age in our ward. Me being the brat I was said to one of my other friends, "watch this." I walked up to them in my red dress, ask Blaine, and said Stacy tell me who your friend is, flirtaciously. I extended my hand in a handshake, like we do at church, as I flirted with my eyes. It made Stacy so mad. I cannot remember if I asked him to dance or not but after that it is history. He told our friend Webster that he thought I was hot and Webster started laughing at him and told him I was only 14. Oh well. Sometimes age does not matter except for with my daughters.
19) Who asked out who first? I do not remember but I was not 16 yet so we watched a lot of TV and went to a lot of Stake Dances. When I was 16 though he was my first date and he bought me a teddy bear with a black hills gold ring tied to it for my birthday. He has always been good to me.
20) Who proposed and how? My dad proposed for us. After Blaine had come back from his mission and I had broken off my other engagement at the ripe old age of 18, Blaine came and picked me up from my grandma's in NAmpa in the middle of the winter. We started dating again but had not even discussed anything like marriage. He got back December 17th-19th and this was at the end of January beginning of February. My dad asked us to come and sit down at the dining room table and said that he and my mom had been talking. I had no idea what was going on. He said that they felt that a summer wedding would be the best and a few other things that I do not remember as I was mortified. Blaine was enjoying the whole thing. In fact it was the most relaxed I had seen him around my family EVER! After my dad finally let us leave, me trying to make light of the situation asked, "So when do you want to get married?" Blaine's response was, "I don't know when do you." The rest is history. He actually proposed to me when we went to get our engagement pictures. Thanks Dad.
21) His best features and qualities. WOW, SO MANY. I love Blaine becasue he is a survivor. He has always been a hard worker and I knew that he would take care of me and provide for me in a satisfactory manner. He is a very giving person. He would give you the shirt off of his back if you asked for it. He is always willing to help and hardly ever complains. He has always encouraged me to be independent and do what I need to do to make me happy. I have had the pleasure of watching him grow up. He is developing into the man I knew he would be more and more each day as he gets out of his comfort zone and learns new things and takes on new responsibilities. He has always had the sparkle in his eye and I know he has a light that will take me where I want to go. I love him more than yesterday and less than tomorrow. He is my forever companion and that is not setting my sights too high. He will be there through thick or thin, hard or happy times. He is not perfect but he is mine and I love him for it. I love you Blaine more than you ever know. BB2B4EVR.
9 comments:
Aah, what a fun walk down memory lane! I remember most of that like it was yesterday! You guys are still so sweet together!
SUCH a cute prom picture! And we loved the engagement story...what a great memory!!
great post, I loved it!! I was too little during all of the beginning love stuff so now I actually appreciate it! You guys are truly perfect for each other!! Love you both!
WOW--you reminded me of some OLD times, too!! One of these days you will find out how hard it is to be the parents of older teenaged children...Love you and love Blaine!!
Wait!! I forgot one thing...I think Blaine is getting more and more handsome the older (oops-the more mature) he gets:)
oh goodness bryn, this post is so cute! i love love loved it!!! what wonderful memories, i am so happy you shared this with us. i learned so much about you! loved the funny first meeting story.
I didn't know that dad had any part in your marriage! I'll have to bring more guys over.....naw, I guess when it's right, it's right, and everyone knows. :) Love you both!
P.S. I love the hair & clothing...
Wow, Bryn. Thank you so much for sharing that walk down memory lane. I loved reading it all and looking at all the pictures. You guys looked sooo young! I love you all and am so very happy for you.
I am also quite envious of all of you who know how to post photos. I have got to have my husband teach me how to do that while he is out of work. Love you!
Post a Comment